What would you do with $3.5 trillion? It’s hard to even wrap your head around how big that number is, isn’t it?
But think of it this way. 1 billion seconds is equal to 30 years, which is around the length of a career. But 1 trillion seconds? That’s equal to 30,000 years, which is longer than human civilization!
It’s a ridiculously big number, and yet, our government regularly throws around trillions of dollars like it’s nothing. But someone is paying for it, and you can probably guess who that is. That’s why the Democrats’ $3.5 trillion tax bill is especially concerning.
But it’s not even just about the money. It’s what the Democrats are trying to ram through in this giant bill.
Every Liberal Cause You Can Think Of
Because this package is a budget reconciliation, it could pass through the Senate with a slim majority, meaning that not a single Republican would need to sign on. And this has Democrats licking their chops. Among the lowlights of this bill are:
- A National Energy Tax. Democrats are looking for backdoor ways to tax American families and advance the Green New Deal, similar to what our Corporation Commission has been trying to do here in Arizona. Hidden within this $3.5 trillion bill is a “methane fee,” which would impose a new tax on natural gas. If it passes, families across the country should expect their monthly energy bills to rise with virtually no environmental benefit.
- Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants. We currently have a crisis at the border with one Arizona sheriff fearing a “perfect storm.” And when Vice President Kamala Harris outlined the Biden administration’s amnesty plan on Univision, more than 7,000 immigrants from Honduras started making their way to the U.S. Imagine what would happen if this amnesty plan now becomes reality.
- An Enormous Slush Fund for the IRS. As part of this bill, the IRS would receive $79 billion, about six times its annual budget. What is the agency supposed to do with it? Expand its enforcement activities. And while the provision to give the IRS the authority to track bank transactions over $600 didn’t make it into the bill, President Biden is still trying to add it.
- Universal Pre-K and Free Community College. This is just what we need, right? More government-funded education. It’s bad enough that public school districts turned their backs on parents and students during the COVID-19 pandemic. But as part of this bill, they’ll now take on universal pre-k, so they can start indoctrinating children even earlier. Factor in free community college, which basically expands high school to six years, and you have a recipe for disaster.
- Even More Tax Increases. If you like paying taxes and want to pay more, you’ll love this bill. Taxes for families making $50,000 or more will go up, individual tax rates will increase, taxes on capital gains will rise, and more.
Largest Piece of Legislation Ever
Not only would this $3.5 trillion bill be the largest tax increase since 1968, but it would be the largest piece of legislation in the history of the world. So naturally, Nancy Pelosi and others from the Left are trying to rush it through Congress.
The American people are still reeling from government shutdowns and other economic losses that occurred during the pandemic. And with our national debt currently sitting at $28.4 trillion, adding more to that debt would be dangerous.
Kyrsten Sinema and other moderate Democrats need to continue speaking up and oppose this tax bill. Because if it passes, it could destroy the United States as we know it.
Help Protect Freedom in Arizona by Joining Our Grassroots Network
Arizona needs to have a unified voice promoting economic freedom and prosperity, and the Free Enterprise Club is committed to making that happen. But we can’t do it alone. We need YOU!
Join our FREE Grassroots Action List to stay up to date on the latest battles against big government and how YOU can help influence crucial bills at the Arizona State Legislature.